Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Surviving in America

Subscribe in a reader


When all immigrant come to America they go through so many difficulties and many of them wants to go back to their homeland. As a Venezuelan in America I understand this very well.

Many times we want to go back because this country is not the way we imagined it would be. For many of us we thought that every one will welcome you and help with whatever it is you need. We thought that this country was the paradise for good manner, beautiful and well educated people, because every American was in that way. I do not know why (may be I know why and I blame it on the false advertisement of the media) but we had the wrong idea, and many times because of that false image of America that we brought here from our countries of origin we do not want to fight the battles for survivor in America. Many of us go through depression and what people call cultural shock, but what else is left in our countries? In the case of Venezuela we have no much left; we had a lot of problems with the government, corruption, crime, insecurity, unemployment, etc.

When I look back and feel lonely for the people that I miss and compare with what I have here, this gives me the courage to keep fighting to survive as another one of the millions of immigrants in America, as another Venezuelan in America.

No comments: